Why does it always seem like morning comes around a lot faster than it should? The last thing you want to do is have to cook an hour-long healthy breakfast. The easier approach would be to snag that microwavable frozen meal or that sugar-packed muffin sitting on your counter. What if we told you there is a healthy option that would only take 20 minutes to prepare?
We have compiled a list of easy breakfast ideas with eggs for your convenience. And we'll also talk about how these egg breakfast ideas can help your mind, body, and immune systems. So check out these quick and easy egg recipes by Walder Wellness below!
Save up to 50% or more on health care!
If you don't want to go the Obamacare route, and also want to save money on your care, check out our Health Care Sharing Ministry that's exempt from the ACA. OneShare Health is an alternative to traditional insurance coverage, we are a Health Care Sharing Ministry that could start saving you thousands per year on your healthcare!
Click below to learn more or get your free OneShare Health quote today.
Easy Egg Recipe: Egg Frittata Muffins
This recipe is a keeper. A key ingredient is spinach, which, as we know the benefits of eating leafy greens include getting vitamin E and magnesium, this recipe has two vitamins and minerals needed to help support your immune system. The best part about this recipe is that you can make a batch and freeze it, allowing you to do a quick warm-up on rushed mornings so that you can still enjoy a healthy breakfast.
6 large eggs
2 med-large cremini mushrooms
1/2 red bell pepper
1 cup baby spinach
1/2 cup grated gruyere cheese
1 Tbsp dried thyme
Salt + pepper to taste
Cooking spray (I use avocado oil spray)
Preheat oven to 350F
Whisk eggs together in a large bowl and set aside
- Chop cremini mushrooms and bell pepper into small pieces (about 1/2 an inch in size).
- Add spinach, chopped veggies, grated gruyere cheese, thyme, salt, and pepper to whisked eggs. Carefully stir everything together until well-combined.
- Spray a muffin pan with cooking spray. Evenly scoop in the egg and veggie mixture into tins, leaving a 1/4-inch space at the top.
- Place the muffin pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, keeping an eye on the muffins to make sure they don't burn or overcook. They will puff up in trays but deflate once you let them cool.
- Remove the muffin pan from the oven and cool for a few minutes. With a large spoon, remove egg muffins from the pan. Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight container.
Easy, Healthy Egg Recipe: Canned Salmon Eggs Benedict with Herby Hollandaise
Salmon and eggs, what else could you want in terms of health? Salmon is a fatty fish rich in omega-3 acid, jam-packed with vitamins and minerals, and can help lower the risk of heart disease. Combine this superfood of a fish with a poached egg? The health benefits would astound you. If you are looking for a healthy egg recipe, this is the holy grail. Having a poached egg gives you all the golden goodness of the yolk—the vitamins within the yolk help reduce inflammation and promote brain function. Brain food like eggs helps with maintaining memory and communications between brain cells.
1 can Gold Seal Canada's Pink Salmon
1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
1 lemon, juiced
2 egg yolks (for hollandaise)
1/4 cup butter, melted
4 whole eggs (to be poached)
2 whole-wheat English muffins, sliced in half to make 4 slices
Salt + pepper to taste
- Open and drain 1 can of Gold Seal Canada's Pink Salmon. In a bowl, flake salmon and remove any larger bones. Add half of the chopped parsley and dill and add to the bowl with juice from half a lemon. Mix and set aside.
- To make the hollandaise sauce, heat a saucepan with a small amount of water until it simmers. In a large stainless steel or glass mixing bowl, whisk the 2 egg yolks and juice from 1/2 a lemon. Once the water is simmering, place the mixing bowl over the saucepan to keep the bowl warm (but avoid touching the water).
- Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce has thickened. If the sauce becomes too thick, feel free to add a small amount of warm water until you reach the right consistency. Remove saucepan and mixing bowl from heat, and add salt to taste. Keep the hollandaise warm by leaving it on top of the saucepan with warm water (just make sure the heat is off!)
- Poach the 4 remaining eggs (2 per person). Set poached eggs aside on a paper towel to allow them to drain.
- Once all ingredients are ready, toast English muffins and add the remainder of the chopped herbs to the hollandaise sauce and stir together.
- Top each slice of the English muffins with salmon mixture, a poached egg, and a drizzle of hollandaise. Serve with veggies or side dish of choice, and finish everything with a squeeze of lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste. Enjoy immediately!
Healthy Egg Recipe: Easy Avocado Boiled-Egg Sandwich (No Mayo)
Who doesn't love avocado toast? Avocados can lower blood pressure, lower cholesterol, are full of folate (a B vitamin), helps maintain a healthy heart, and so much more! Adding an egg adds protein and extra vitamins to keep you full and focused throughout the day.
4 large eggs
1 med-large avocado, ripe
1 heaping cup parsley, chopped
1 tbsp dijon mustard
1 lemon, juice only
1/2 tsp garlic powder
Salt + pepper (adjust to taste)
To serve whole-wheat toast, collard wraps, tortillas, etc.
- Place eggs into a small saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to a simmer. Allow to cool for 12 mins (do not open cover).
- While eggs are cooking, chop parsley and add to a large bowl with avocado, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Once eggs are done, drain and cover with cold water to cool for about 1 min. Peel cooled eggs and add to bowl with other ingredients. Mash everything together, adjusting seasonings to taste.
- Spread avocado egg salad over slices of bread, or serve in wraps, etc.
Do you have any favorite healthy egg recipes? Comment below and let us know!
OneShare Health is a Health Care Sharing Ministry who does health care differently! Want to see how much you could save on your health care? Input your ZIP Code below for a free OneShare Health quote!
"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:19 (ESV)