Salmon is a healthy and delicious fish that can be cooked in various ways. While many people think of grilling or baking when it comes to cooking salmon, you can try different healthy recipes.
Save up to 50% or more on your family's health care! Input your ZIP Code below for a free OneShare Health quote!
One great way to cook salmon is by using the sous vide method. This involves cooking the fish in a water bath at a low temperature for an extended period. Cooking like this results in tender and flavorful salmon.
If you're looking for a more traditional way to cook salmon, try grilling or baking it. Both methods will give you delicious and healthy salmon that contains nutrients.
No matter how you cook salmon, it's important to remember that this fatty fish has healthy omega-3 fatty acids. These fats are essential for maintaining a healthy heart and brain, so be sure to include salmon in your diet regularly.
Looking for some delicious salmon recipes? Check out these great options:
Grilled Salmon with Lemon and Dill: This simple recipe is perfect for a summer BBQ. The lemon and dill add a bright flavor to the salmon, while the grill gives it a smoky taste. Want more recipes like this one? Check out Simply Recipes.
Grilled Lemon Dill Salmon
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets or steaks, preferably skin-on
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more to wipe down the grill
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 thinly sliced lemon, for garnish
- Prep the salmon and the grill:
- Remove the salmon from the refrigerator and sprinkle a little salt over it. Let it sit at room temperature and preheat your grill for high, direct heat.
- Make the dill butter:
- While the grill is heating, mix the fresh dill with the butter in a small bowl.
Grill the salmon:
- When the grill is hot, scrape down the grates with a grill brush. Pour a little olive oil onto a paper towel and use tongs to wipe down the grill grates.
- Coat the salmon in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil and place it, skin side up, onto the grill grates. Grill over high heat for 2 to 4 minutes (depending on how thick your salmon pieces are) undisturbed.
- Carefully turn the salmon with a spatula. If using a gas grill, reduce the heat to medium. If using a charcoal grill, move the salmon to the cooler side of the grill.
- Cover and grill it for another 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how well done you prefer your salmon. The salmon should be just cooked through when done.
Baked Salmon with Honey and Mustard: This recipe is perfect for those who like a little bit of sweetness in their salmon. The honey and mustard add a delicious flavor to the fish, while the baking helps to keep it moist and juicy.
Baked Salmon with Honey and Mustard
- 4 salmon filets (about 6-8oz each)
- 1/3 cup whole grain Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the whole grain Dijon mustard, honey, seasoned salt, and garlic. Place the salmon fillets on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and gently dab the tops dry with a paper towel.
- Evenly spoon the honey mustard glaze over the tops of the salmon filets. Allowing it to gently run down the sides of the filets.
- Bake for about 12-15 minutes, or until the salmon is cooked to desired doneness, about 125 degrees for a medium-cooked filet. Enjoy!
No matter how you choose to cook salmon, it's sure to be a hit with your family and friends. So, get creative in the kitchen and try out some new recipes today!
Save up to 50% or more on health care!
If you don't want to go the Obamacare route, and also want to save money on your care, check out our Health Care Sharing Ministry that's exempt from the ACA. OneShare Health is an alternative to traditional insurance coverage, we are a Health Care Sharing Ministry that could start saving you thousands per year on your healthcare!
Click below to learn more or get your free OneShare Health quote today.
Galatians 6:2 (NIV)
“Carry each other’s burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ.”