Not sure if your children are ready for the 4-1-1 on COVID-19?
These tips should help you prepare your family in an honest, yet loving way.
If you’re a parent, you know how important it is to establish trust between you and your children, especially when it comes to answering the hard-hitting questions. Naturally curious, kids are bound to have tons of questions about novel coronavirus (COVID-19), like “When will I be able to see my friends again?” and “Why is everyone wearing those funny looking masks and gloves?” They may even wonder why Mom and Dad seem so distracted lately, fearful they might be displaying coronavirus symptoms themselves.
Because we know how much you value your relationship with your family, and we, in turn, deeply value our relationship with you, OneShare Health has taken some time to prepare a list of COVID-19 tips designed to help parents and their children have an honest conversation about COVID-19.
Learn more about OneShare Health and what it means to be a Christian Health Care Sharing Ministry.
Our Membership Programs are uniquely designed to meet your needs, and our pricing won’t break the bank. Take a look at our OneShare Health reviews to learn more about how we promote healthy living.
A verse that comes to mind when we think about the devastating effects of COVID-19 is Jeremiah 29:11, which states “‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’” To those of us who know the Lord and His Will well, these are comforting words, especially given our present situation. But to our children, who are still trying to define their relationship with the Lord, the meaning of this scripture might not be as apparent.
So, Mom and Dad, take a look at some of the tips we’ve outlined below and know how important God’s presence is to your children during these uncertain times.
Tips to Talk to Your Kids About COVID-19:
Here are five tips about how to talk to kids about COVID-19 so you can help calm their minds and strengthen their faith in God:
- Understand that children respond in a variety of ways. Every child is different, and so every child’s response to the pandemic will be different. We need to be prepared for this if we’re to support our children well.
- Know that silence is not the answer. Our God-given privilege is to speak God’s truth into the lives of our children. To make Him known so that our children see Him, know Him, love Him and live for Him.
- Talk about how big God is. Every living creature in this world is only here because God spoke. His words are powerful, and He keeps this world going.
- Encourage children to use their words. Encourage children to talk as your family journeys through these uncertain times. Ask them to talk about their fears, ask questions, and to share their feelings.
- Encourage children to respond with love. Remind children of the character of our great God. He is a God who takes care of those who cannot take care of themselves.
As a parent, it can be discouraging to think about all the things you can’t control, so take back some of that control by keeping your family informed and healthy. Our COVID-19 advice is a good place to start, but you know your children and their relationship with God best, which is why we’re inviting you to leave a comment with your own advice on the subject!
Let us meet your health care needs. Apply for one of OneShare’s medical cost-sharing programs!
What is OneShare Health? As a Christian cost-sharing ministry, we are committed to helping our Members discover a life overflowing with peace, hope, and joy, and we’re absolutely confident that any one of our three medical sharing programs will provide these comforts. Join us today in spreading our vision of providing compassionate care to all and become a Member of our Sharing Community!
“Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.”
1 Thessalonians 5:11 (ESV)
ONESHARE HEALTH, LLC (ONESHARE) IS NOT AN INSURANCE COMPANY BUT A RELIGIOUS HEALTH CARE SHARING MINISTRY (HCSM) THAT FACILITATES THE SHARING OF MEDICAL EXPENSES AMONG MEMBERS. As with all HCSMs under 26 USC § 5000A(d)(2)(B)(ii), OneShare’s members are exempt from the ACA individual mandate. OneShare does not assume any legal risk or obligation for payment of member medical expenses. Neither OneShare nor its members guarantee or promise that medical bills will be paid or shared by the membership. Available nationwide, but please check www.onesharehealth.com/legal-notices for the most up to date state availability listing.