There are several ways to exfoliate your skin; the best method depends on your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, you'll want to avoid harsh scrubs. On the other hand, if you have oily skin, you may need to exfoliate more frequently. Adding exfoliation to your skincare routine is a great way to refresh your skin.
Save up to 50% or more on your family's health care! Input your ZIP Code below for a free OneShare Health quote!
Types of Exfoliation
Here are some of the most popular ways to exfoliate your skin:
1. Sugar scrubs- Sugar scrubs are a gentle way to exfoliate your skin. They work by sloughing off dead skin cells and leaving your skin feeling soft and smooth.
2. Salt scrubs- Salt scrubs are a bit more intense than sugar scrubs, so they're a good choice if you have tough skin. They work by breaking down the bonds between dead skin cells, making them easier to remove.
3. Chemical peels- Chemical peels are an exfoliant that uses chemicals to break down the bonds between dead skin cells. This can be a more aggressive form of exfoliation, so it's important to talk to your dermatologist before trying it.
4. Microdermabrasion- Microdermabrasion is exfoliation that uses tiny crystals to remove dead skin cells. It can be done at a salon or at home with a microdermabrasion kit.
5. Retinoids- Retinoids are a type of vitamin A that can help to exfoliate your skin. They work by increasing cell turnover, which helps to slough off dead skin cells.
Exfoliating your skin can have many benefits. It can help improve the texture of your skin, reduce the appearance of pores, and even improve your skin tone. If you have acne, exfoliating can unclog pores and prevent breakouts.
So, how often should you exfoliate? That depends on your skin type. If you have sensitive skin, you may only want to exfoliate once or twice a week. You may need to exfoliate three or four times a week if you have oily skin. And if you have dry skin, you may only need to exfoliate once a week.
Remember, when it comes to exfoliating, less is more. Start slowly and increase the frequency as needed. And always follow up with a moisturizer to keep your skin hydrated.
What is your favorite type of exfoliant? Leave us a comment below!
Save up to 50% or more on health care!
If you don't want to go the Obamacare route, and also want to save money on your care, check out our Health Care Sharing Ministry that's exempt from the ACA. OneShare Health is an alternative to traditional insurance coverage, we are a Health Care Sharing Ministry that could start saving you thousands per year on your healthcare!
Click below to learn more or get your free OneShare Health quote today.
Hebrews 13:16 (ESV)
“Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God.”