Welcome to OneShare Health! Now that you are valued Member of our Sharing Family, you probably have a few questions about the resources we recently made available to you, such as your Member Guidebook and Member Portal, as well as how certain processes work. So, here are answers to some of our most frequently asked questions from new Members!
Health sharing ministries are breaking the mold of traditional health care.
Christian health ministries like OneShare Health are an affordable, faith-based health care option. At OneShare, our Mission is to inspire healthier, joyful communities. We do this is by ensuring every OneShare Health Membership provides an unparalleled Christian health care cost-sharing experience. Interested in working alongside other individuals and families who embrace sharing and compassionate care? Get your free OneShare Health quote or click below today!
How can I request my Member Guidebook?
You can request your OneShare Health Member Guidebook via the Member Portal or by visiting this request page and filling out the form. Keep in mind, the request form will only work after your Membership Effective Date. After we receive your request, we will email you a downloadable copy of your Membership Guidebook!
When will my Member card arrive?
A digital copy of your Member ID card with your Member ID number will be emailed within 24-48 hours to the email address you provided upon enrollment. A physical copy of your ID card will be mailed to you within 12-14 days. If you do not receive either a digital or physical copy of your Member ID card, contact Member Support by phone at (833) 546-4478, Monday through Friday, 8am — 6pm CST, and we’ll be ready to assist you!
How do I see if my provider is In Network?
We are proud to be a part of the First Health Provider Network. First Health is an NCQA-accredited Provider Network that has strong provider relationships with more than 5,700 hospitals, over 120,000 ancillary facilities, and over 780,000 professional providers at over 1.5 million health care service locations across all 50 states!
With the First Health Network, Members can Access some of the top hospitals in the country, including Johns Hopkins Hospital, Stanford Health Care-Stanford Hospital, UCLA Medical Center, and Yale New Haven Hospital!
To check whether your provider is part of the First Health Provider Network, visit this page to conduct a provider search. This online search tool provides the most up-to-date and detailed provider information, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! You can even sort, refine, save your results, or create a list of providers to print or reference later!
Important Note: OneShare Health and First Health have partnered together to bring you access to the best possible care, but we are still separate entities. When visiting a provider for a health care need, it is your responsibility, as a OneShare Member, to ask if the provider accepts OneShare Health through First Health since it is First Health, not OneShare, whose providers and facilities are contracted and tending to your specific health care needs. If you do not mention that you are a part of this network to your provider, it is possible they will not accept OneShare Health.
What is a provider network? With the first health network, first health providers can be found through our first health provider search or nominate them to be part of the network with our first health provider nomination.
What if my provider is not In Network?
Not to worry! While OneShare Health is proud to offer our Members the ability to select which providers they use when addressing their health care needs (even if that means a provider is Out-of-Network1), you may also help your provider get nominated to be contracted by First Health and become part of the network. Click here to get started on the Provider Nomination Process.
How do I access my OneShareBox & Member Portal?
Details on how to access and log into your OneShareBox Member Portal will be provided in the email containing your digital Member card. Can’t find that email? Not to worry, just reach out to Member Support by calling (833) 546-4478, Monday through Friday, 8am — 6pm CST and we’ll get you taken care of.
How Do I Submit a Sharing Request2?
- Each month, a portion of your Monthly Contribution is designated to your OneShareBox account.
- When a health care need arises, select a Network provider for medical assistance. First Health Network has strong relationships with providers at over 1.5 million health care service locations. Using the First Health Provider Search tool, our Members can easily find In Network health care providers whenever and wherever. Your provider can even access the Provider Portal to view your Sharing Requests!
- At the time of Visit, present your Member ID card to your provider. Of course, if your provider does not accept your Member ID card and requires payment at point of service, you can submit your itemized bill(s) for consideration of reimbursement of Eligible sharing expenses! Providers can use the EDI # on the back of the card to submit bills electronically to OneShare.
- Afterwards, fill out and submit an Expense Sharing Request Form to OneShare Health. This is available in your Member portal. Using the information listed on your Member ID card, fax or mail your completed form and any related medical bills to OneShare Health. If your provider is unwilling to submit a bill directly to OneShare, request the CMS HFCA 1500 and/or a UB-04 forms.
Then, you may fill out and submit an Expense Sharing Request Form (available in your Member Portal), and fax or mail your completed form the CMS HFCA 1500 and/or a UB-04 form to OneShare Health. This standardized form can be obtained from your provider.
- OneShare Health will determine Sharing Eligibility for your request. After we process your form, and your request has been submitted for Member sharing, OneShare will send you an Explanation of Sharing (EOS). Inside, you’ll find:
- The charges from your health care Visit that have been shared by other Members,
- The charges applied to your Individual Sharing Amount (ISA), and
- Any other charges that were not shared (i.e. what you are responsible for paying to your health care provider).
Read more about how to submit a Sharing Request on this OneShare Health blog article! If you still have questions, don’t forget to reach out to Member Support. You may also check out more FAQs on our Blog and the OneShare Health Knowledge Base.
“Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
Luke 6:38 (NIV)
1Refer to your Membership Guidebook for Eligibility for sharing of services rendered by an Out-of-Network provider. Costs may be higher for Eligible out-of-network services, and Members may be subject to balance-billing.
2For full details on submitting a Sharing Request, refer to your Membership Guidebook.